OF THE COUNCIL OF ULEMA TARIQAS OF INDONESIA/ASEAN
Number: 01 / Kep / F – DUTI-A / X, 2018
The Council of Ulema Tariqas of Indonesia / ASEAN in meeting hold on Muharam 23rd – 25th, 1440 H / October 3rd-5th, 2018 AD, then next:
Bearing in mind:
Since the occurrence of the coup in Turkey on July 15th, 2016 causing 258 people to die, The Council of Ulema Tariqas of Indonesia/ASEAN has investigated and research on the Fethullah Gulen movement in the name of Islam and Sufis in Indonesia and ASEAN.
- Fethullah Gulen has deviated a lot in interpreting the verses of the Qur’an, and his teachings and thoughts can damage the Islamic Aqedah based on the Qur’an and the Sunnah of the Prophet Muhammad;
- Early in spreading his teachings, Fethullah Gulen taught in the name of Bediuzzaman Said Nursi, but after being researched and studied in the past few years, it turned out to have deviated from Bediuzzaman Said Nursi’s teachings themselves. Bediuzzaman Said Nursi was only used to attract the sympathy of Muslims especially among the youth and campus activists;
- Fethullah Gulen with all his actions and thoughts on Islam, especially about Sufis, is a heresy that will damage the Sufi values themselves; and
- Movement or the Fethullah Gulen group that is currently developing is not a movement or a socio-religious organization but only a movement or organization that is more directed to the form of terrorist organizations hiding behind a mask of social and religious movements that have closeness to the Zionist.
So, with this The Council of Ulema Tariqas of Indonesia / ASEAN
- Forbid (Haram) to involve all movements and activities of Fethullahh Gulen and his followers around the world, and invite and urge Fethullah Gulen and his followers to repent to Allah SWT and account for their actions towards Muslims in the world, especially what has happened in Turkey on July 15, 2016.
- Recommend to the President of Indonesia and all State leaders and Ulama in every country in the world to be able to unite and jointly stop all forms of Fethullah Gulen activities in their respective countries, including by prohibiting the circulation of books by Fethullah Gulen for the purpose of protecting the generation of the nation rather than deviations the teachings of Fethullah Gulen who have deviated from the Qur’an and Sunnah of the Prophet Muhammad.
Thus, this fatwa was made and can be a reference for all Muslims, and we can be responsible before Allah SWT.
Jakarta, Friday, Muharram 25th, 1440 H
October 05th, 2018 M
The Council of Tariqa Ulema of Indonesia/ASEAN
Prof. Dr. Ahmad Rahman
Dr. Zubair Ahmad, MA
Chief of Adviser
Maulana Syekh Muhammad Ali Hanafiah Ar Rabbani